Vienna, former capital of the Habsburg Empire will delight you with magnificent architecture and imperial treasures and intrigue you with its fascinating history and cultural heritage.
There is much to see, from Gothic St. Stephen’s Cathedral to the Imperial Palace, the Art Nouveau splendor of the Secession, the magnificent baroque palace Schönbrunn, the Museum of Fine Arts to modern architecture at the Museums Quartier.
Vienna is home to over 27 castles, more than 150 palaces and over 100 museums & galleries.
If you like sightseeing….
- Hofburg Imperial Palace
- St. Stephen’s Cathedral
- Schloss Schönbrunn
- Sigmund Freud Museum
- Kunsthistorisches Museum
- City Park
- Prater Park
- Spanish Riding School
- MUMOK – Museum of Modern Art
- Tiergarten Zoo
- Mozarthaus Vienna
If you like shopping…
- Home to many department stores, Mariahilferstrasse is where the locals shop
- The main shopping areas are Karntner Strasse, Graben and Kohlemarkt
- Splash out on a designer handbag at Ina Kent Wien
- Pick up a hat for any occasion at Szaszi Hüte
- Or spend the afternoon at the Naschmarket, an open air market offering a huge array of foods for every taste
If you like music…
- Practise your conducting in the Haus der Musik
- Visit Mozarthaus
- Enjoy the acoustics at Musikverein.
- Throw some shapes to the throbbing sounds of international DJs at Flex nightclub
- Take in some Jazz….nice, at Porgy & Bess
- Boogie on the open air disco dance floor of Pavillon Im Volksgarten
If you like food…
- Eat in a traditional Beisel
- Take a break at Café landtmann
- Order a Sachertorte at Café Sacher
- Try delicious petit four at Sluka
Despite having a population of 1.7 million, Vienna is surprisingly compact and the perfect city for exploring at a leisurely pace.